To accelerate the growth of Maine’s next economy by supporting our entrepreneurs, innovators, visionaries and doers.
Who We Are
We are a non-profit, 501c3 tax exempt membership organization.
Envision Maine includes individuals, businesses and organizations throughout the state that are dedicated to creating sustainable prosperity through the growth of entrepreneurship and innovation. Our goal is to promote and support those businesses, organizations, best practice strategies and policies that will create prosperity for all Maine people.
Envision Maine has three areas of focus:
Communicate & Collaborate
Communicating a vision that inspires hope and mobilizes public support is critical to creating a culture of innovation and success in Maine. Some of our activities include:
- Engaging leaders and entrepreneurs in a series of conversations that explore the challenges and opportunities Maine faces in creating a thriving economy.
- Offering presentations throughout the state to expand those conversations to more Mainers.
- Sponsoring an annual Summit on the Maine’s next economy – a statewide gathering that inspires businesses and policy-makers to learn from each other and to share their passions, ideas and innovations.
- Focusing media attention on the importance of an innovation economy.
We are focused on policy opportunities and barriers to making Maine an entrepreneurial state. Our work includes:
- Promoting passage of large bond issues that provide grants and loans to small businesses and startups across the state.
- Informing candidates for office about how policy can support the next economy.
- Advising political leaders on how to better promote bottom up economic growth.
- Working to secure a federal laboratory to boost our research and development efforts.
- Extending the Maine Seed Tax Credit for startups.
In order to become an innovation-driven state we need a data-driven plan. Our goal is to build on what we already know and learn from those who have been successful. We are currently working on:
- Identifying the strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats in Maine’s economy and policies.
- Studying the best practices of innovation-driven states, regions and countries.
- Researching specific strategies for accelerating innovation, start-ups and entrepreneurial success.